Purchase a FictionFixer Evaluation in 4 Easy Steps.
Visit the PayPal order pages and choose an evaluation. You can pay for your order securely, online, with either service. Be sure to include your email address.
When we receive confirmation of your payment (usually less than 24 hours), we will supply instructions for formatting your manuscript. Here is the format that works best:
- Single-spaced with a single carriage return after each paragraph.
- Use real curly quotes and apostrophes, like these: Wed prefer this style.
Use real em-dashes (instead of double hyphens) and real elipses (instead of three periods).
- *** Use three asterisks or two carriage returns to delineate chapter subdivisions.
- ¶¶ Put two paragraph signs alone on a single line before each chapter.
- ¶¶¶ If your manuscript divides into "parts" or any sort of chunks larger than a chapter, use three paaragraph signs instead of two at the places were your manuscript divides into larger chunks.
- Save your file as a plain text document.
FictionFixer checks your manuscript for proper formatting, but it will expediate processing if you do the preparations in advance.
We require a categorized list of your characters (all forms of all names used) according to one of the following two conventions.
- Love Interest
- Love Interest
Your application kit will help you identify the functions of your characters.
Decide how close to the model you want to aim for. This threshold is expressed as a percent (with a single decimal place).
- You may specify a threshold of similarity when ordering an evaluation based upon a single novel comparison. For example, if you specify a 10% threshold and the model delivered a certain class of sensory triggers at the rate of 40 per 1000 words, your novel would not be considered to be outside the model if it delivered up to 10% more (44/1000) or 10% less (36/1000). In this case, delivering 36 to 44 sensory triggers per 1000 words would still be considered to be within the model. NOTE: When you order an evaluation based upon a multi-novel model (ModelA, ModelB, or ModelC), the threshold equals the standard deviation as calculated per-item.
That's all there is to it! Your evaluation will tell you how to use your word processor to implement FictionFixers recommendations. Usually, the turnaround is less than 72 hours.
Note: If you chose one of the three options that use a model novel not currently in our corpus, you will receive additional instructions, and the extra model preparation time will approximately double the total processing time. Instead of 72 hours (three business days), the turnaround will be at least one week. If you choose one of the human critique add-ons, the turn around time will be significantly longer, although you will still receive the computer-generated report on schedule.
(return to FictionFixer.com)